Janet and Steve Brien have been a pair since 2000 and share many passions, two of which include photography and touring together on a motorcycle.
This site will grow one adventure at a time, filled with stories and photography. The goal is to buy an RV toy-hauler to take the bike and travel full-time, and learn how to make a living on the road.
I share my life with my husband, Steve, our three dogs and one very amazing little parrot. I love the great outdoors, exploring new places and experiencing new cultures. Photography is one of my greatest passions in life, and my Canon 5D Mark II never far from my side. I feel most “myself” when hiking or cycling, riding with Steve on our motorcycle or lost in the moment behind the lens of my camera. A kid at heart, I’m always looking for an opportunity to be silly and have fun, and I love to spread my good cheer whenever I can! Creativity is my constant companion, and it flows through me in the form of photography and writing. Professionally, I’m a graphic designer and currently work as a creative assistant at a great company that makes software for child care centers.
On our last trip I learned how to safely take pictures while riding behind Steve! This technique had been suggested to me on a past trip but I was too scared…but this time around I gave it a try. Looking at the pictures I got from our trip, I’ll never leave my camera packed away again!
Steve is full of corn. And he enjoys gravy.
About Our Motorcycle
We bought a beautiful yellow BMW K1200GT back in February 2016 and enjoy going on rides whenever we can. FILL IN THE BLANKS STEVE
Where We’re Going and How We’ll Get There
This website is our online home base as we head towards our ultimate goal. It’s going to concentrate on fun/educational/helpful blogs and articles about:
- Learning to travel in different forms, primarily by motorcycle and eventually by RV.
- Info about motorcycle trailers, including Steve’s own trailer
- Advice and tips about motorcycle trips and preparedness
- Figuring out how to get from sticks ‘n’ bricks to full-time RV travel
- Learning to vlog and podcast.
- Achieving our goal to live full time in a 5th wheel trailer and travel around the US.
- Travel blogs about our adventures, including multi-day trips and one-day outings.
- Ongoing personal journal by Janet about a host of subjects including health, photography, travel, podcasts and more.